Venison Phad Cha Recipe
We are delighted to be now using organic venison from Belmont Organic Farm which is located close to the village of Milltown in North Co. Galway. The farm is run and managed by Tomás Tierney who has been farming Ireland’s native Red Deer for the last 16 years. To learn more about Belmont Organic Farm and get Venison delivered directly to your door, click here!
They are passionate about venison and even more passionate about their organic ethos.
We love the product. It is really tender and tastes delicious. Tao has come up with this recipe for you to try at home. We hope you enjoy it.
Venison Phad Cha
For 4 people
400g Venison fillet or saddle sliced
4dspn cooking oil
4 cloves garlic crush
4 bird eyes chilli chopped
2 bunches(10g) Thai sweet basil
50g mixed peppers, sliced
2 bunches fresh peppercorns
1 chilli sliced
3 kaffir lime leaves
20g galangal sliced
10g galangel roots, finely sliced
2 Thai aubergines round, cut in 6
20g Thai aubergine peas
2dspn fish sauce
1dspn oyster sauce
50ml chicken stock or water
50g babycorn halved, par boil
1. Bring the wok to medium heat and add oil, garlic and bird eyes chilli. Stir until there is a good aroma.
2. Add galangal, galangel roots, kaffir lime leaves and fresh peppercorn. Stir for 30 seconds.
3. Add venison and cook for a minute.
4. Add babycorn, peppers, Thai aubergines and chilli.
5. Season with fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar.
6. Finally, add chicken stock or water, pouring it around the edge of the wok to gather all the lovely flavours. Stir for one minute only.
7. Add the sweet basil and serve with Thai jasmine rice.