Don’t be fooled by the fact that we’re a Thai restaurant…we love brunch too! Our Weekender Menu features brunch dishes with a Thai twist. One of our favourite dishes on this menu is our Thai Omelette. This is a great option if you’re having friends over and it’s suitable for vegetarians!
Thai Omelette – Serves Two People
1 chilli, finely sliced
150g button mushrooms, sliced
100g shallots, finely sliced
20g Thai sweet basil
2 dsp fish sauce
2 dsp seasoning sauce
½ tsp ground white pepper
100ml rapeseed oil
400g sweet potatoes, cut into thick chunky chips
100g potato flour/starch
300ml rapeseed oil for sweet potatoes
- Bring wok to a medium high heat and add the oil.
- Lightly toss the sweet potato in potato flour and deep fry until you get a nice golden brown colour and they are crispy.
- Place in kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
- Place 3 eggs with chilli, mushrooms, shallots and Thai sweet basil into a bowl and mix well.
- Bring the non-stick pan to a medium to high heat and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the egg mixture.
- Stir well until eggs are set and then turn to the other side and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve your omelette with the sweet potato fries.
Are you planning on trying this dish at home? We’d love to see how it goes – tag us on Instagram with your creations.