Saba signs up to Failte Ireland’s “Covid-19 Safety Charter’
We are delighted to announce that both Saba Restaurants have signed up to ‘The Covid-19 Safety Charter’ from Failte Ireland. As well as screens, temperature checks, masks and our internal policies and procedures, the Charter gives our customers and staff further peace of mind that your health and safety is our top priority. So book your table today and relax and enjoy your Saba experience when you next dine in one of our restaurants.
What is the COVID-19 Safety Charter?
The COVID-19 Safety Charter is a Government-endorsed initiative to reinforce confidence in domestic and overseas visitors in tourism businesses. The COVID-19 Safety Charter is designed to give comfort and reassurance to employers, employees and customers that your business is ready to re-open safely.
By voluntarily signing up to the Charter, we have agreed to follow the ‘Guidelines for Re-opening’ issued for tourism businesses. We have also proved that our COVID-19 Lead Worker Representative has completed the Failte Ireland Infection Prevention Control for Tourism Business course and that all our staff have received all necessary training requirements.
It shows customers that all our staff have a clear understanding of Covid-19 and the standard precautions of infection control, that all staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities in preventing the spread of Covid-19 and that they consistently demonstrate good handwashing techniques and practices.
Here are just a sample of some new measures we have taken into practise in our Saba Locations
- Sanitise Station for guests as they arrive.
- All menus are sanitised after every customer.
- All staff have taken our Covid-19 training.
- The restaurants have a one way clockwise system for customers to enter and exit the restaurant.
- All staff wear masks or face shields.
- Hand sanitisers are placed all over the restaurant.
- Toilet doors have been fitted with a foot grabber option to open the doors.
- Protector screens have been fitted in between many of the tables.
- Small teams are working together.
- Starting and finishing times as well as breaks are staggered throughout the shifts.
- All locations have signed HSA checklists and all employees have signed HSA checklists.
- Employees Covid-19 representatives have been selected from the staff.
- Management have been trained as Covid-19 Compliance Officers.