Recipe Of The Month
2 striploin steaks 180g
½ stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
1 dsp oyster sauce
1 dsp light soy sauce
½ tsp cracked black pepper
1 dsp rapeseed oil
2 dsp rapeseed oil
400g sweet potatoes, cut into thick chunky chips
100g potato flour
300ml rapeseed oil for sweet potatoes
100g white cabbage, shredded
30g roasted cashew nuts
100g green papaya, shredded
15g fried shallots
½ tsp chilli, crushed
100g red cabbage, shredded
20g coriander and spring onion, sliced
100ml tamarind sauce
- To marinate the steak place lemongrass, cracked black pepper, oyster sauce, light soy sauce and rapeseed oil in a bowl and add the steak, mix well and cover then place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Bring the grill pan to a medium to high heat and add a little oil, grill the steak for 1 minute on each side for a medium cooked steak. Cut the steak in thick slices and keep to one side.
- In the same time heat another pan to fry eggs.
- Bring a wok to a medium to high heat add the oil to fry the sweet potatoes.
- Lightly toss the sweet potato in potato flour and deep fry until you get a nice golden brown colour and the sweet potatoes are crispy.
- Place in kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
- To make the Asian slaw mix all ingredients well in a bowl and place onto the side of the plate.
- Add the steak, eggs and sweet potato fries to the plate and serve.