Recipe Of The Month – Grilled Monkfish
Our Recipe Of The Month Is Grilled Monkfish Fillet With Chu Chi sauce (thick red curry sauce) and green vegetables. Serves 4 people
- To prepare the curry; bring the saucepan to medium heat add the oil and curry paste.
- Stir until you get a nice aroma, then add coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves.
- Cook for a few minutes then season with fish sauce and palm sugar and keep to one side.
- To prepare monkfish; cut into 8 pieces approximately 75grams a piece and season with salt, pepper and lime juice, you then coat the seasoned monkfish in plain flour and keep to one side.
- Bring a grill pan to a medium to high heat. Add the oil then panfry the monkfish for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown colour.
- Place the monkfish into the chu chi sauce and cook for 1 minute until the sauce absorbs into the fish.
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan, then add green beans, sugar snaps, and snow peas and cook for 1 minute. Drain and put on the plate. On top with 2 pieces of monkfish on each plate with the sauce.
- Garnish with kaffir lime leaves and chili julienne