Recipe Of The Month
Chargrilled Oyster Mushrooms and Asparagus*[V]
Serves 4 People
20 oyster mushrooms
2dsp rapeseeds oil
100g iceberg lettuce sliced finely
1tsp roasted white sesame seeds
Ingredients for sauce:
80ml light mayonnaise
20ml fresh milk
2dsp English mustard
2dsp sugar syrup
1dsp rice vinegar
4dsp Thai light soy sauce
2dsp dark soy sauce
- To make mustard mayonnaise, you add mayonnaise, milk, sugar syrup, mustard and rice vinegar into a bowl and mix well until all combined. Keep to one side.
- Make a ginger soy sauce by adding Thai light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, water, sugar and ginger in a saucepan.
- Slowly cook and bring to a simmer until the sauce is thick, then add the sauce through the sieve and keep to one side.
- Bring a saucepan to a high heat and add water and sugar and bring it to boil.
- Add asparagus and cook on a medium heat for about 11 to 12 minutes.
- Once the asparagus is ready, place it straight into ice water to keep it crunchy and green.
- Bring your grill pan to a medium to high heat and add a dash of oil.
- Grill the asparagus and oyster mushrooms on both sides until they are cooked, this should take 2 minutes on both sides.
- Place them on finely sliced iceberg lettuce and dress with mustard mayonnaise and ginger soy sauce.
- To garnish, sprinkle with roasted white sesame seeds.