Happy Pancake Tuesday
Our head chef Tao has created a Thai savoury pancake recipe with a twist!
Serves 2 people
6 eggs 4 dsp tomato ketchup
200g minced chicken breast 2 dsp soy sauce
100g minced prawns 1 dsp oyster sauce
50g snow peas ½ dsp black soy sauce
50g carrot, diced ¼ tsp ground white pepper
80g onion, diced 3 dsp chicken stock or water
2 dsp sunflower oil (for egg pancake) ½ tsp sugar
3 dsp sunflower oil (for cooking)
2 stalks of coriander, to garnish
3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Beat the eggs until smooth. Split into two portions (for two pancakes) and keep to one side.
- Heat the non-stick pan to a medium heat and add 1dsp of oil. Pour the eggs slowly into the pan, making sure the egg spreads around so that it will create a thin pancake. Cook each side for 30 seconds and keep to one side.
- Bring the wok to a medium heat, add the oil and garlic and stir until there is an aroma.
- Add the minced chicken and prawns, stirring for one minute.
- Next, add snow peas, carrots and onions and stir for 30 seconds.
- Season with soy sauce, oyster sauce, black soy sauce, sugar, ground white pepper and tomato ketchup.
- Add the chicken stock and stir until it’s mixed well.
- Place the egg pancake on a plate and place the filling in the middle of each pancake.
- Fold the egg pancake from the corners to the middle, place another plate on top and turn upside down.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with Thai Jasmine rice.