Gaeng Karee Fuktong* [V][GF]
Roasted Butternut Squash Curry – Serves 4
1 medium/large butternut squash
3dsp sunflower oil
2 heaped dsp yellow curry paste,
800ml coconut milk, 21% fat
4 kaﬃr lime leaves, torn
1dsp Madras curry powder
1tsp turmeric powder
1dsp or 20g palm sugar
300g potato, diced, par-boiled
150g onion, diced
1dsp crispy shallots, to garnish
- Heat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut it lengthways into 6 pieces. Brush with oil and put in the oven for about 30 minutes or until they begin to soften. Keep to one side.
- Heat the wok to medium heat. Add the oil and curry paste and stir until you get an aroma.
- Add the coconut milk and water, bring to the boil and add the kaﬃr lime leaves, curry powder and turmeric with the salt and palm sugar.
- Stir until the palm sugar is dissolved.
- Put in the potatoes, butternut squash and onion and cook for 3 minutes.
Sprinkle with the crispy shallots and serve Thai jasmine rice on the side.